HERE TO HELP YOU OPEN YOUR LEGAL CANNABIS DISPENSARY
As you may already know, opening a dispensary in California is a challenge in many ways. As the most visible type of business in the cannabis industry, operators have faced significant criticism from opponents who claim that dispensaries encourage crime, degrade property values, corrupt minors, and adversely affect neighboring businesses among other arguments. Strategic planning is therefore essential in obtaining local and state approvals. Whatever your goals, our consultants can help you obtain your approvals quickly while maximizing the effectiveness of your time and money.
Strategy and Planning for Dispensaries
California dispensary operations require significant planning, design, marketing, and public outreach to be successful. BeGreenLegal has successfully assisted many businesses with:
- Business and compliance audits
- Carefully-crafted business plans
- Community benefits plans
- Security plans
- Site, facilities and logistics plans
- Local permits and state licenses
We can help you streamline your project and workflow so your productivity increases and you spend less time and money obtaining or maintaining approvals.
Cities and counties must ensure that businesses operating within their jurisdiction meet certain conditions to protect residents and the environment by obtaining a permit, authorization, or other form of approval. Dispensaries looking to start, expand, or sustain a legal cannabis operation will typically need to obtain one or more of the following:
- Land use permits
- Building permits
- Operator permits
CHALLENGES FOR LEGAL DISPENSARIES
Legal dispensaries are not likely to face as many environmental regulations as other cannabis businesses, but may be required to prepare an environmental assessment related to vehicle fleet pollution, customer traffic studies, or additional subjects if land development is a part of the project. Monitoring may also be required to ensure permit conditions are met. If your project needs an environmental approval, visit our blog page to learn more or contact us to speak with one of our expert consultants.
The Bureau of Cannabis Control regulates cannabis storefront and delivery retail businesses in California. As the lead regulating agency, the Bureau requires detailed information explaining how you will operate in compliance with local and state regulations. Additionally, the agency requires local approval for your location before they will accept your application. We help clients obtain the following licenses:
- Type 9 Delivery retail licenses
- Type 10 Storefront retail licenses
Cannabis Businesses Checklist
Are You Prepared?
Bureau of Cannabis Control issues licenses to delivery and storefront retailers. We help our clients determine whether they are prepared for this process by asking the following questions:
- Do you have well defined and measurable business goals?
- Do you have a location for your business or have you started looking?
- Are you self funded or do you have a plan for capitalizing your business?
- Have you estimated your costs and revenues for startup and the first three years of operation?
- Have you started a marketing or design plan or conducted any market research?
Depending on your license type and situation, you will need the following items:
- Business Entity Formation
- Business & Operations Plan
- Live Scan Background Check Property Deed or Lease Agreement Neighborhood Context Map
- Site/Facilities Plans
- Security Plan
- Odor Control Plan
- Building Permit
- Land Use Permit
- Business License
- Seller’s Permit
- Surety Bond ($5,000)
- Commercial General Liability Insurance
- Labor Peace Agreement (> 20 Employees)
Our consultants can help you save time and money while navigating the process of setting up and operating your cannabis business legally. Contact us today for a half-hour consultation