Commercial Cannabis Cultivation

Growing commercial cannabis for recreation or medical use requires a high degree of skill to be competitive with ever-increasing demands from dispensaries and consumers for better quality and pesticide-free products. Cultivators are now required to obtain and maintain costly local approvals, environmental permits, and state licenses, often before realizing a return on investment. Implementing an effective and well-planned strategy can mean the difference between operating a profitable cultivation business in compliance with state regulations and one that is continuously met with time delays, budget overages, failed inspections, and agency rejections.

Whether you operate vertically-integrated, or stand-alone cannabis cultivation, begreenlegal can help you focus on growing your business while avoiding regulatory challenges and delays.

Cultivation Strategy Board

Cultivation Strategy and Planning

Commercial cultivation operations require thoughtful planning to be successful. Begreenlegal has successfully assisted many cultivators with:

  • Business and compliance audits
  • Carefully-crafted business plans
  • Entity formation
  • Project programming
  • Site plans, facilities plans, and strategic licensing compliance guidance.

We can help you streamline your project and work flow so your productivity increases and you spend less time and money to obtain and maintain approvals. Learn More

Local Approvals

Cities and counties must ensure that businesses operating within their jurisdiction meet certain conditions to protect residents and the environment. By obtaining a permit, authorization, or other form of approval. Cultivators looking to start, expand, or sustain a legal cannabis operation will typically need to obtain one or more of the following:

  • Land use permits
  • Building permits
  • Grading permits
  • Operator permits

We have been assisting businesses obtain these approvals for years and can provide cost-effective solutions for you. Learn More

Environmental Permits

Legal cannabis cultivators are often required to obtain one or more environmental permits as part of a state license, including:

  • Water Board Discharge Permits.
  • Wetland Permits,
  • Biological Authorizations,
  • Streambed Alteration Agreements, and
  • Environmental Assessments, and
  • Commercial Tree Permits.

Many of these approvals also require monitoring to ensure permit conditions are met. If your project needs an environmental approval, visit our blog page to learn more or contact us to speak with one of our expert consultants. Learn More

State Licenses

The California Department of Food and Agriculture (DFA) issues cannabis cultivation licenses. The agency is currently reviewing potential cultivation impacts and formulating permit requirements, with a January, 2018 target for issuing the first licenses. City or county approvals will, however, be required before obtaining this state cultivation license.. Our consultants can help with your business goals so you are ready to apply for a license when they are available. Learn More

Opening a dispensary license in california process

Cannabis Cultivators Checklist

Are You Prepared?

The California Department of Food and Agriculture will start issuing cannabis cultivation licenses in 2018, but how you prepare will greatly affect your success in obtaining one.

  • Are you looking for help in defining your business goals?
  • Are you trying to find a city or county that will approve your cannabis business?
  • Are you looking for a property that will suit your needs, reduce setup costs and streamline
    needed approvals?
  • Would you like some help planning your project and preparing your applications?
  • Are you concerned about paying an attorney or consultant a lot of money without seeing
  • Our consultants can help you save time and money while navigating the process of setting up
    and operating your cannabis business legally.

Permit/License Requirements

Depending on your license type and situation, you will need the following items:

  • Business Entity Formation
  • Business & Operations Plan
  • Property Deed or Lease Agreement
  • Site/Facilities Plans
  • Security & Odor Control Plan
  • Grading, Building, & Land Use Permit (City/County)
  • Business License (City/County)
  • Waste Discharge Permit (Water Board)
  • Biological Site & Cultural Resources Assessment
  • Verification of Water Source (Water Board)
  • 1602 Permit or Waiver (Dept. Fish & Wildlife)
  • Hazardous Materials Record Search (Dept. Toxic Substances)
  • Seller’s Permit (Dept.Taxes & Fees Admin.)
  • Surety Bond ($5,000)
  • Labor Peace Agreement (> 20 Employees)
Call now
for consultation
: 916.758.8470
Mail now
for consultation

Download Our Service Brochure PDF

Download our Service Brochure to learn more about what we do and how we can help grow your cannabis business.