Our consultants have extensive experience in preparing plans and application packages for city and county approvals, environmental permits, and state licenses. Whatever stage you are at with your business, take advantage of the free content we provide through our blogs, or call us for a free initial consultation.
Looking for help with your cannabis business? Whether you are setting up a marijuana dispensary, cultivation operation, or other cannabis business, BeGreenLegal cannabis consulting experts are here to help provide you with a variety of proven services that produce results. Whether you are new to cannabis and looking for an opportunity, or a seasoned operator, we can help you achieve your goals by implementing the following tasks:
We offer a free half-hour cannabis consultation to new clients as a thank you for considering BeGreenLegal. During this session, we collect information about your business goals, resources, and situation, and provide feedback about how we think you should proceed to achieve those goals. We also provide clarification on how cannabis regulations work and will affect your business.
Cannabis Business and Compliance Report
As a follow up to our cannabis consulting, we offer new clients a low-cost report that provides a further assessment of what future steps you should take. Our report will include:
- A review of how local and state regulations will affect your business. Not sure where to locate? Our review can be focused on cities and counties that allow, or are likely to allow, your cannabis business.
- Facilities, logistics, and operations efficiencies,
- What permits and licenses you will need,
- Compliance status and needs,
- What required information you will need to obtain your approvals, and
- Our recommended strategies for setting up and operating your business within California’s cannabis licensing framework.
Our cannabis consultants are very experienced at assessing property and can provide you with valuable information useful for preparing assessments, plans, and permit/license applications. Our surveys may include one or more of the following:
- Site Survey – Focuses on collecting measurements and locations of the features on your property, including property corners, buildings and other structures, fencing and walls, access roads and pathways, trees and vegetation, and water features including lakes, ponds, streams, drainages, and wetlands.
- Facilities Survey – We collect measurements and information on your buildings and grounds where you plan to operate your cannabis business. If you are already operating a cannabis dispensary or other business.
- Land Use Survey – Our cannabis consultants collect and evaluate your property’s land use and how it fits within the context of your neighborhood.
- Biological Survey – For land development or mixed-light/outdoor cultivation projects, we collect information on plants, animals, wetlands, and other water features that may be regulated by state or federal law.
- Cultural Survey – Also needed for land development or mixed-light/outdoor cultivation projects, we collect information on whether your property contains any cultural or historic resources, such as tribal artifacts, that may be regulated by state or federal law.
Site, Facilities, and Neighborhood Context Plans
Local and state agencies require premises diagrams describing how you will improve and operate on your property. Additionally, regulators want to see an evaluation of land use characteristics around your property, including who your neighbors are and how far your operation is from sensitive land uses, such as schools, youth centers, daycare, parks, churches, and residential areas. We provide our clients with the following plans:
- Interior schematic floor plans
- Exterior schematic site plans
- Neighborhood context maps
Business and Operations Plans
Any application for a local or state cannabis license requires a comprehensive business and operations plan that includes detailed information on all aspects of how your business will function. BeGreenLegal’s cannabis consulting team assists assist our clients to prepare plans that include the following information:
- Ownership and financial interests
- Entity structure and organization
- Regulatory framework
- Business premises
- Operations plan (Required for each cannabis license activity)
- Standard operating procedures
- Inventory control
- Insurance requirements
- Waste management
- Environmental sustainability
- Records and reporting
- Safety and Security
- Community relations
- Hiring and staff recruitment
- Employee training program
- Financial plan
In addition, we can include market research, competitive analysis, customer profiling, and other analyses as needed to fit your needs.
Environmental Permits and Approvals
Depending on how you intend to operate your cannabis business, you may need one or more environmental permits and approvals, as follows:
- Water Board Permit or Waiver – Needed for mixed-light and outdoor cultivation operations. Indoor cultivation operations must obtain a waiver.
- 1602 Permit or Waiver – Needed if your operation affects a lake, stream, or riparian area. Cultivators not affecting these features must obtain a waiver.
- Environmental Assessment – Needed for local approval. Businesses affecting the environment through property development require more extensive analysis.
- Wetland permits and biological authorizations – If you are developing property, you may need an assessment of environmental constraints for local approval. If you impact a wetland or endangered species, you will first need permits from state and federal agencies.
Local and State Cannabis Permits and Licenses
Our consultants have significant experience in working with local and state agencies. We provide our clients with the support they need to obtain the approvals they need to operate their cannabis businesses. These approvals include the following:
- Local Government (City or county where business is located)
- Land use permit
- Business operations permit (Also called a license or tax certificate)
- California state cannabis license
- Cultivation license (http://calcannabis.cdfa.ca.gov/ )
- Manufacture license (https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CEH/DFDCS/MCSB/Pages/MCSB.aspx )
- Distribution, retail, and other cannabis licenses (http://www.bcc.ca.gov/ )
Who we help
BeGreenLegal draws its expertise from both outside and inside the cannabis industry. Outside, our cannabis consulting experts have extensive experience in land and environmental planning for residential, commercial, industrial, and energy-related development projects. Inside, we have experience in assisting a variety of medical marijuana businesses plan their operations and obtain local/environmental permits in anticipation of applying for state licenses. We have also operated our own medical cannabis business, involving cultivation, distribution, and dispensary management, for more than six years. When you are ready, we can provide the inertia to take your business to the next level.
Visit The Blog
for free consultation